Although I think writing about oneself is a little weird, the ABOUT section is probably my favorite part of every blog I read so…in the style and spirit of FIRE speed dating, here’s my background in two simple lists:
- 1993: Graduated from college and started working for an IT Consulting Firm
- 1999: Bought a house and got married
- 1999-2000: Worked for a dot.com company that didn’t make it
- 2000-2017: Worked for a very large international technology company
- 2002: Son born
- 2012: Paid off the mortgage on our house
- 2017: Started working part-time for a small, local, private IT services company to test out the FIRE concept.
OTHER MR. FW FACTOIDS:
- I like lists.
- I like asking questions.
- I like learning about people’s history and experiences.
- I enjoy free time, traveling, reading, and movies.
- I prefer walking and biking to driving.
- I live in a single family detached home in the suburbs, but think I would be happier in a condo in the city.
- I love convenience, but fear it will make me lazy.
- I think the internet and smartphone are better than sliced bread…and it scares me.
- I think about life a lot…my wife says too much.
- I can over-analyze and be a bit of a worry wort.
- I don’t understand how inflation can be considered low given the ridiculous increase in costs for healthcare, housing, and education (college).